Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Monthly Update: November 2015

A bit overdue but I still need to present my dividend income for the month of November. In the table below I have presented some benchmark indicators of general market indices and my own dividend growth portfolio.


Indicator
As of 31-10As of 30-11% change
S&P 500 Total Return3.8713.883+0,3%
Dow Jones Industrials Total Return36.02336.277+0,7%
AEX GR1.3861.412+1,9%
USD.EUR0,90790,9444+4,0%
Portfolio value€ 23.787 € 23.982 +0,8%

However, since I am in it for the long haul I am not too interested in these daily or monthly fluctuations. What matters is that I keep focused on buying high quality companies which provide me with a steady stream of growing dividends.

Purchases
None.

Dividends received
Nine separate companies paid me dividends during this month.
  • DE: 18 shares @ $0.60 for a total of $10.80
  • KMI: 48 shares @ $0.51 for a total of $24.48
  • OHI: 59 shares @ $0.56 for a total of $33.04
Total: around €54 after tax, which is 26% higher than last year.

Dividend increases or decreases during this month
I have two companies in my portfolio that significantly reduced their quarterly dividend payments in recent history: Textainer and Kinder Morgan. The dividend from TGH will be reduced starting with the payment in December. The dividend payment from KMI this month was a "normal" one, however the next payment somewhere in February will be much smaller. I am contemplating what to do with these positions.

Yearly forward dividend
My 12-month forward dividend rate is now €940, compared to €1031 last month. I took a big hit in income due to the dividend from KMI.

Seeking Alpha articles
None.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just hate it when companies in your portfolio announce dividend cuts! KMI is (has been?) a very popular stock for DG investors. It is ranked #4 on my list of popular dividend growth stock among bloggers!

    I don't own KMI, but I did own TGH until they announced the dividend cut. I promptly sold my shares! Good luck in your decision on what to do with these holdings.

    Cheers
    FerdiS, DivGro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi FerdiS, thanks for taking the time to comment. Yeah, I'll have to investigate whether TGH and KMI still have a place in my portfolio. Stay tuned :)

      Delete